Equipment Inventory and Capacity
Sharp Iron Group builds to customer requirements, whether that is a four ounce aircraft part or a 40 ton drilling rig We have brought many Core Competencies together to offer our customers Total Industrial Solutions from a single source.
Sharp Iron Group key capabilities include:
- Weldments (Mig, Tig, heliarc, stick)
- Large and small part machining
- Electro-mechanical assemblies
- Wet Paint
- Mechanical design and support services
- Inventory management and JIT manufacturing
Capabilities: Laser / Punch / Brake -- Sharp Iron Group's laser, punch and brake capabilities have created a great reputation with our customers. From a simple punch part to a complex laser part, these tools provide the foundation for many of our customer's final products. Additionally, we have inhouse overhead crane capacity up to 20 tons, and we routinely utilize additional resources for larger jobs.
- Mazak Hyper Turbo - X510: 4,000 Watt laser, 60" X 120" table
- Trumpf TC200MC: 20 Ton with auto load and unload of 48" x 96" sheets
- Accu-Press: CNC 320 Ton 144" length
- Trumpf Trumabend V130: CNC 143 Ton 120" length
- Trumpf Trumabend V85: CNC 95 Ton 81" length
- Trumpf TruBend 7036 Electric Brake
(Mig, Tig, spot, heliarc, stick) -- We produce a wide variety of weldments such as truck chassis components, fuel tanks, water tanks, guards, pump manifolds and more. 40 weld stations for a variety of materials including carbon and stainless steels.
Sharp Iron has over 20 machining centers available providing a wide variety of capabilities. From our large horizontal machining center to our smaller vertical mill and lathe capabilities, Sharp Iron's trained machinist are ready to serve your needs.
CNC Large Boring Mills
- (2) Hyundai Wia KBN135
- Basic Specifications as follows:
- Table Capacity: 22,046 lbs
- Table Size: 79" x 70"
- Travel: 118" x 78" x 63"
- Spindle Taper: NT#50
- Spindle Motor Power: 30/25 HP
- Spindle Speed: 2,000 rpm
- Accuracy: +/-0.0002"
- Controller: Fanuc 31iA
- Additional feature: Cogsdale contouring head
CNC Horizontal Machining Centers
- Kitamura HX630i: 41.3" X 33.5" X 33.4" travel, 12,000 rpm, 4 axis
- Kitamura HX400G: 24 x 24 x 24 travel, 15,000 rpm, 4 axis
CNC Vertical Machining Centers
- Leadwell MCV-1500: 60" X 30" X 26" travel, 10,000 rpm, 4 axis
- Haas VF-7: 84" x 32" x 30", 10,000 rpm, 4 axis
- Haas VF-4: 50" x 20" x 25", 10,000 rpm, 4 axis
- Haas VF-2: 30" x 16" x 20", 12,000 rpm, 3 axis
- Leadwell V-50: 50" x 20" x 20", 12,000 rpm, 4 axis
- Fadal 907-1: 60" x 30" x 30", 10,000 rpm, 3 axis
- (2) Kitamura 3XD: 30 x 20 x 20 travel, 12,000 rpm, 3 axis
- Hyundai Wia F500P
- Femco HL-35: 10" Chuck
- Hitachi-Seiki HT-20: 8" Chuck
- Haas SL20 Lathe with 2" bar feeder: 10" Chuck
- Mazak Nexus QTN300 Lathe with Live Tooling: 10" Chuck
- Hyundai Wia L400C Lathe: 18" Chuck
- (2) Bridgeport J-2 Vertical Mills
- 25" Mazak Engine Lathe
- Cutmaster Manual Lathe: 16" x 60"
Capabilities: Electro mechanical assembly
Sharp Iron Group has significant experience in assembling electro-mechanical assemblies typically found in electronic enclosures. DIN rail assemblies, value added electronic enclosure assemblies, wiring harnesses, hydraulics, and basic in circuit test capabilities are available to help reduce your throughput and allow you to focus on your core business.
Capabilities: Wet Paint
Sharp Iron Group's wet paint lines allow us to provide our customers with the right paint for their application. Whether it is just a prime coat or a smooth finish coat, Sharp Iron Group has the people and the facilities to meet your needs. Our prep processes include sandblast and state-of-the-art Phosphatizing system.